Living the Good Life

Living the Good Life

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School!!

O.K. - The first day of school is tomorrow ~ and I CAN'T stop crying!! I have all of the "I am sending my first child off to school on a bus" fears and I am hoping that if I write about it now, then I won't cry tomorrow. I am planning to sit at Quad care with Scout tomorrow morning until his bus comes to pick him up.
1. He has to go to a new room at Quad Care with bigger kids and a teacher he is not familiar with - and needless to say he doesn't want to go in this room. That makes me sad.
2. Who is he going to sit with on the bus (makes me sad)
3 What if some kid is mean to him or won't let him sit with them (like forest gump) - that makes me sad and now I want to beat up a kid that hasn't even done it yet!
4. What if he gets lost transitioning between buses at Woodside (I have a call into Chris to see if he can watch out for him since he teaches there!)
5. What if the bus driver is mean or crabby (Maybe if I bring him/her some cookies on the first day they will be nice to him - I am all about making bribes!)

I spoke with Quad Care today about how this is all going to work (and I cried) and I spoke with the principal of Willow Springs today (I held back the tears .. I didn't want to be one of "THOSE" parents!)

Since I am most worried about him getting lost, my dear friend Kelly suggested I purchase a GPS tracking device for humans - I guess you can have a micro-chip placed in your child or you can go the cheap route and get one that you can place externally on your child. I think I would like to go that route but I have to talk this over with Jason first!!! :)

My mother (god am I lucky to have her) has offered to "track" the bus from Woodside to Willow Springs and I graciously accepted.

But..... after all of tears, a call to Ann Marie (she went through the same thing), and a sick child at home (Jersey is running a temp and is miserable) - everything has been put back into perspective - My Mother is now going to stay home with my sick child and nurse her to good health while I let Scout be the big boy he is and make his way to K4 -

O.k. - now I am crying...time for me to suck it up and go to bed - maybe I am tired or it is the hormones!!
The photos below are when Scout and Jersey played "going to school" Scout got lucky with the Spiderman Backpack and Jersey has "The Hulk".



3 comments:

  1. All will go well and u will look back on this in a couple of weeks and feel relieved that u made it through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how it all goes, keep me updated Mama Bear! Remember when all else fails, kick 'em in the teeth!

    Okay, I'm not really sure who you would kick in the teeth but it sounds funny doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogs! Loved the pics! I'll be going through this on WED. I have debated following the bus to the high school, spying from my car the transfer, (YES at the HIGH SCHOOL!) and then following it to his school again! Am I LAME-O or WHAT!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am going into my 9th year of teaching and have taught 3rd, 4th, and most currently 5th grade. I completed my Masters Degree from Cardinal Stritch University in Reading/Langauge Arts earning my Reading Specialist License. I LOVE teaching and working with each child to achieve their fullest potential.