I can't believe that I haven't blogged in so long! I have been busy setting up my new classroom, a classroom blog, and getting Scout ready for K4!! So much happened this summer so please check out a few of the thousands of photos that I took! Some major milestones occurred this summer:
1. Scout learned how to rider his bike w/o training wheels!! (Jason and I were working with him for a week or so before heading up north. He learned up north in about 10 minutes .....when I was gone!)
2. Scout learned how to swim this summer with a floatation device (again I was working with him, along with Jason and Christa). He learned one night when Christa decided to take Scout and Ramsey swimming at my parents without Jason or I. I miss another one....maybe I am bad luck!
3. Jersey grew up SOOO much - she became more independent, loved riding big wheels outside, and finally learned some new words: NO, Dout (a.k.a. Scout), Nana, ba (Pa). Daddy, Mama, BaBye, Bum (we obviously were out and about to often that she learned that! and a few others!!
4. Jersey pooped on the front porch (she obviously ripped her diaper off) and we had to turn it into a "teachable" moment. Scout wasn't quite sure if it was bird poop or Jersey pooped but he came screaming. Needless to say with all the diapers being pulled off, we are trying to potty train! Jersey loves going - but only when SHE wants too!
Now that summer vacation is over I only wish I had it back!! Hiking, swimming, fishing, boating, mini-vacations, the zoo, fairs, walks, and much much more that we have to look forward to next summer!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Mrs. Lauer
- I am going into my 9th year of teaching and have taught 3rd, 4th, and most currently 5th grade. I completed my Masters Degree from Cardinal Stritch University in Reading/Langauge Arts earning my Reading Specialist License. I LOVE teaching and working with each child to achieve their fullest potential.
I don't know how I missed this post. But OMG, love. Love you, love the pics, love the blog!
ReplyDelete